Of successful work for South Korean and Turkish clients
Our firm operates a section specializing in legal support to foreign economic activity, foreign investment, and assistance for foreign companies doing business in Russia.
ART DE LEX serves the interests of Russian clients in many countries around the world, retaining, where necessary, carefully selected foreign law firms with whom we have cultivated strong relationships over many years. Our firm follows a simple rule: Organize and mount the 24/7 representation of our clients and the protection of their interests, whenever and wherever necessary.
Prompted by our many years of experience working with Korean and Turkish business, ART DE LEX has set up two specialized sections. Our South Korea Desk serves the needs and interests of South Korean companies doing business in Russia and Russian investors doing business in South Korea. Our Turkish Desk assists Turkish companies doing business in Russia and Russian companies operating in Turkey.
ART DE LEX attorneys provide support to foreign companies at all stages of the business process, including: selection of the investment asset; legal support for the company’s day-to-day operations; the protection of intellectual property; the handling of transactions involving the sale and purchase of the business; and representation of our clients’ interests in court and in dealings with administrative bodies.
ART DE LEX attorneys have amassed a wealth of experience in delivering legal support to projects in the Russian and international markets, all of which gives international investors the opportunity to ensure compliance with Russian law, while doing business with maximum efficiency.
Professional achievements of the practice area
Representing the interests of Korea Aerospace Industries, Korea’s largest aerospace corporation, in a dispute over the protection of exclusive rights to aviation system software, valued at USD 50 mln.Successful case
Consulting to one of Central Europe’s largest construction companies, PSJ, А.С., on the performance of a general contract for the construction of Strigino International Airport in Nizhny Novgorod, as part of the preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.Successful case
Structuring a transaction, in the interests of a leading Russian developer, involving the acquisition of stakes in a German company, the owner of investment properties in Berlin, Germany, as well as the subsequent redevelopment of acquired properties.Successful case
- Consulting in the area of foreign economic activity
- Consulting about and protecting our clients’ interests in antimonopoly regulation, as well as issues related to public and corporate procurements and tenders
- Protecting company interests during litigation
- Consulting to companies about taxation issues arising in of foreign trade operations
- Advising our clients on issues associated with real estate, construction and development, and banking and finance
- Consulting to private clients, companies and corporations during the implementation of investment projects
- Providing legal support for the day-to-day operations of companies
- Opening representative offices and branches, founding subsidiaries, and creating joint ventures
- Consulting about and protecting our clients’ interests in customs and administrative legislation
- Providing legal support about migration law
- Advising on issues related to the circulation and protection of intellectual property
- Advising about legislation on foreign investments in companies of strategic significance to the Russian national defense and security
Consulting to a leader on the global automotive market, SsangYong Motor Company, on issues related to the supply of automobiles to the Russian market, against the backdrop of an exclusive distribution agreement and licensing contract concluded with SOLLERS.
Advising the world’s recognized leader in the supply of environmentally friendly, high-performance automotive engines, Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp, about the organization of inter-group relations pertaining to the use of intellectual property.
Representing the interests of KOREA AEROSPACE INDUSTRY, Korea’s largest aerospace corporation, in a dispute over the protection of exclusive rights to aviation system software, valued at USD 50 mln.
Analysis of the risks associated with the acquisition of shares in a Russian gas producing company by a Korean company specializing in the petrochemical and gas industry.
Consulting to one of Central Europe’s largest construction companies, PSJ, А.С., on the performance of a general contract for the construction of Strigino International Airport in Nizhny Novgorod, as part of the preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Developing legal mechanisms for investing in foreign markets, including the drafting of corporate documents, such as documents contemplating the creation of joint ventures
- Consulting to private clients, companies, and corporations about the implementation of investment projects
- Providing taxation support for projects involving the acquisition by Russian companies of assets abroad, in particular real estate and securities
- Consulting to Russian companies on taxation issues arising from foreign trade operations and the acquisition of foreign assets
- Representing our clients’ interests in international commercial arbitration in Russia and abroad
- Representing our clients’ interests in the Russian courts in cases involving the challenges to, or recognition and enforcement of, awards issued under international commercial arbitration, as well as advising our clients about related procedures, such as the application of interim measures in the furtherance of international arbitration, and the handling of similar cases in foreign jurisdictions
- Advising about the conclusion, validity, and enforceability of arbitration agreements
Structuring a transaction involving the sale of a business to one of Russia’s largest construction companies for more than USD 200 mln. In the course of handling the deal, the firm developed partnerships with international firms operating in Cyprus and Singapore.
Analyzing foreign legislation on issues pertaining to the operation of non-profit organizations in the Republic of South Korea. The analysis was conducted for ANPO Agency for the Attraction of Investments and Support of Exports, which is a Far East development institute.
Structuring of a transaction, in the interests of a leading Russian developer, involving the acquisition of stakes in a German company, the owner of investment properties in Berlin, Germany, the subsequent redevelopment of the acquired properties.